Creating a PDSA ramp from an existing PDSA cycle
It is often necessary to run sequential iterations of a PDSA cycle to rapidly and incrementally refine your theory of change. These sequential iterations of related PDSA cycles make up a PDSA ramp. Ramps are typically used to take a very small scale test and incrementally build on it with follow up tests, larger scale tests of change and eventually the implementation of changes.
You can create a PDSA ramp from an existing PDSA cycle as follows:
- On the PDSA page of your project, click on the PDSA ramp to open it.
- Click on the Actions button and click + New cycle
- A popup will open and allow you to give this cycle a specific title, and adapt the details that have been pulled through from the previous cycle that you new cycle is based on.
- Once you have filled out the relevant fields, click 'Create PDSA cycle' at the bottom of the popup.
- Your new PDSA cycle will then display. Each PDSA cycle icon represents an iteration of the PDSA, and together they make up the ramp. To view each PDSA cycle, click the Actions button and select previous cycles.