We take the protection of personal data seriously by rigorously apply the principles of the GDPR.
This article covers:
- Data subjects
- Categories of personal data
- Purpose of processing personal data
- Ownership of personal data
- Processing activities
- Life QI as the Data Controller
The personal data processed relates to Customer staff and collaborators who take out user accounts on Life QI.
Categories of personal data
Life QI does not require any sensitive personal data to be processed.
Purpose of processing personal data
Life QI has a legitimate interest in processing personal data. Doing so allows us to provide, improve and protect our Services. More specifically this allows us to:
- Facilitate the use of the platform
- Protect the security of user's data
- Provide users with technical assistance and information about the Services
Ownership of personal data
As per the Managing Data article on the Life QI help centre, personal data is owned by the data subject (i.e. the user).
As outlined in the ‘Purpose of processing personal data’ section above, personal data is processed to provide, improve and protect our Services. Below are further details on the specific processes for which we use the personal data we collect about users:
- Facilitate the use of the platform: We use information about users to provide the Services to your users, including to authenticate when they log in, provide customer support, and operate, maintain, and improve the Services. For example, we use their account to link them projects in the platform, and we use the name they provide in their account to identify them to other Service users.
- Provide users with technical assistance and information about the Services: We use user information to resolve technical issues users encounter and respond to their requests for assistance. We use contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, responding to users’ comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We send users email notifications when other users interact with them on the platform, for example, when they are invited to a project.
Life QI as the Data Controller
When it comes to dealing with personal data in Life QI, we are the Data Controller, not the Data Processor as we determine the purposes and means of processing the personal data. Read more on this here.